Not in fat, but in muscles: we increase somatotropin in natural ways
- How does the hormone somatotropin in the body
- Is it possible to increase the level of somatotropin in a natural way
Somatotropin controls tissue growth and cell regeneration, and also helps maintain the health of internal organs. Human growth hormone is naturally produced by the pituitary gland throughout the day: at night (during sleep) its level reaches peak values. In adolescence, somatotropin is produced in large quantities to ensure proper puberty, and with age, the amount of growth hormone synthesized decreases.
Bodybuilders who want to increase muscle mass, improve athletic performance and shorten the recovery period are well acquainted with growth hormone. Presumably, growth hormone has a rejuvenating effect.
How does the hormone somatotropin in the body
Somatotropin (also known as human growth hormone) is a peptide hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland. The secretion of this hormone is regulated by the hypothalamus in accordance with the circadian rhythm (most of the growth hormone is produced during sleep). The hypothalamus regulates growth hormone secretion by means of somatotropin releasing hormone (stimulation) and somatostatin (suppression).
The maximum amount of growth hormone produced during sleep.
Somatotropin, produced in the body, acts by combining with certain receptors located in the target tissues, including muscle and connective. Growth hormone also works indirectly, forcing liver cells to produce polypeptide molecules called somatomedins.
Today, the effect of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is best studied. IGF-1 and growth hormone perform important functions in virtually any system of the body - from the growth and recovery of muscle, connective and bone tissue to the selective regulation of various aspects of metabolism, maintaining normal brain function and heart health.
With age (starting from about 20-25 years), somatotropin is secreted less and less, respectively, the level of IGF-1 also decreases. The decrease in the secretory activity of growth hormone and IGF-1 is called the somatopause (observed from about 30 years). This period is characterized by a number of undesirable signs of aging, including:
- violation of sleep patterns;
- brittle bones;
- fat accumulation in the middle part of the body (i.e. in the abdomen);
- decrease in muscle mass, strength and endurance.
Is it possible to increase the level of somatotropin in a natural way
The feasibility of injecting growth hormone can only be discussed in the case of a significant deficit of growth hormone in children and adults, which adversely affects their health. Injections for therapeutic purposes prescribed by a doctor.
However, somatotropic hormone injections are a rather dubious method of gaining muscle mass or losing weight due to possible side effects:
- headaches and muscle aches;
- increased blood pressure;
- swelling of limbs;
- tunnel syndrome;
- abnormal growth of internal organs and bone tissue;
- hardening of the arteries.
Taking synthetic growth hormone is fraught with many risks that do not justify its benefit.
Natural ways to increase the somatotropin level:
- High Intensity Interval Training . Perhaps this is the best way to stimulate the secretion of growth hormone. 30 seconds of intense stress causes damage to the muscles, to restore which the pituitary gland begins to produce growth hormone.
- Proper nutrition. Perhaps there is not a single aspect of human health that does not require a balanced diet: elimination of processed foods, preferential consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, protein foods and minimization of the absorption of sweets, flour products, and alcoholic beverages. The higher the insulin level, the lower the somatotropin level. Therefore, it is better to eat foods with a low glycemic index, especially before bedtime.
- Short fasting . This practice helps not only to increase the level of growth hormone, but also to optimize the sensitivity to insulin and leptin, which has a beneficial effect on the state of the whole organism and your well-being.
- Healthy sleep. In conditions of lack of sleep, full recovery of the body is impossible, including due to the maximum production of growth hormone during sleep.
Based on the foregoing, it can be concluded that the best way to increase the production of somatotropin is correction of lifestyle and diet. And the independent introduction of synthetic growth hormone, according to the editors of estet-portal.com, can cause significant harm to your health.